Watch a video about brushing technique instead of reading about it? Follow this link
Brushing your teeth is an important part of your dental care routine. For a healthy mouth and smile the ADA recommends you:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled brush. The size and shape of your brush should fit your mouth allowing you to reach all areas easily.
- Replace your toothbrush every three or four months, or sooner if thebristles are frayed. A worn toothbrush won’t do a good job of cleaning your teeth.
- Make sure to use an ADA accepted fluoride toothpaste.
- The proper brushing technique is to:
- Place your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to the gums.
- Gently move the brush back and forth in short (tooth-wide) strokes.
- Brush the outer surfaces, the inner surfaces, and the chewing surfaces of the teeth.
- To clean the inside surfaces of the front teeth, tilt the brush vertically and make several up-and-down strokes.
- Brush your tongue to removebacteria and keep your breath fresh.
Welcome to Divison Street Dental
We understand that each patient has unique situations and goals. We have the skills, experience, judgment and ethics to do only the dentistry that you need.
Gentle Care for you and your family
We strive to be your partners in excellent dental health by offering options and recommendations tailored for you.
We build lasting personal relationships based on trust and honesty.
We are always welcoming new patients and we would love to have you as part of our dental family.
We love hearing from our patients!
View Map &
Read our Patient